Email is usually the prime means of communication in the online dating world. Many online dating sites have their own built in email system, so in order to take advantage of the dating site, you are going to have to exchange emails quite a bit. In order to help you in your success for finding that special someone online, I am going to cover some things that you shouldn’t …..and should include in you dating messages you are sending back and forth.
1. Don’t be writing long boring emails, especially when you first contact someone. The initial email should be very brief and to the point. Trust me, you are going to feel like an ass when you write a 500 word email to someone you like, and you don’t ever receive a response.
2. Don’t make threats in emails, ever. Not only is this pathetic, it is also a crime. If you message someone, and get upset that they didn’t ever respond back, don’t get all upset and start sending threats to them and cussing them out. That is very childish and immature, and it will surely get your ass banned from that dating site, if not in trouble with the law.
3. Careful what kind of information you include in your emails. Until you get to know someone better, you should refrain from sharing personal details of yourself. These may include your full name, where you work, your facebook page, etc. There are a lot of creepy stalkers out there that may not leave you alone. Do you really want someone that you don’t like at all coming by your work all the time trying to talk to you?
4. Just as you would in your profile page, keep the negativity out of your emails. Don’t be chatting about how much you hate your job or especially how much you hate your ex-girlfriend. Stay positive when typing up your emails and you will surely have better responses.
5. Jokes will do wonders in emails – especially when you are sending that initial online dating message. Adding some ‘LOL’s in their never hurts anything, just make sure that you don’t over do it, I wouldn’t go over 1.
6. Don’t email drunk. Especially if you get to the point that you don’t remember emailing that person because you were so toasted. I have made this mistake many of times, and I have ruined great leads and any chance of hooking up with that person.
7. Check your grammar. There are a lot of women out there that don’t want anything to do with a man that cannot spell properly. It makes you look like an idiot.
8. Avoid typing emails to women about how hot they are, or how fine they are. On the other hand. Guys actually like hearing that stuff in emails, because we don’t get it as often as women do.
In order to have success with online dating, you are going to have to learn how to communicate properly through email. The advice above has worked for me in the past, and it may or may not work for you. The only way to find out is to try. So if you see someone you like, go ahead and send them a message and wait and see what happens.
- There are no comments yet